The balance of the head on top of the spine, the balance between stillness and action, between receiving and passing on. Alexander’s discovery is a unique and valuable tool for improving the way we use ourselves, anatomically and beyond that.
INVEST IN YOURSELF
Lessons Alexander Technique are like a reset of your whole body and nervous system. Old habits make way for a fully connected body-mind unity. You start experiencing yourself in a new way and freeing up your movement. You invest in yourself.
Are you dealing with recurrent back pain or other physical complaints? Would you like to change the way you use your body in a durable way? The Alexander Technique helps you be more aware of and present in your body.
ALL ABOUT THE LESSON
Typically we start with a short exchange, how did you feel after the last lesson and do you have any questions. We continue to work on the table or chair. You get instructions about the support mechanisms of your body, about reflexes etc. At the same time I support this process with my hands, the so called hands-on. Everybody experiences this differently, but often it’s described as a gentle touch or support. A pupil once described the hand on his back as an invitation to let go and release and it helped him to lengthen and widen his back. So, you get verbal and hands-on information while we work on reorganising the body and reactivating the support system. After the lesson you continue to work on the process and in the next lesson we take it from there. From the first lesson on, the objective is to empower you so you can take on the work outside of the lesson.
For the first lesson extra time is available to get acquainted and discuss what goals you have with the Alexander work. There is a discount of 10% on this introductory lesson, so get in touch and schedule a lesson.
- WHERE IS THE STUDIO
- Under contact you will find the address of my studio in Nijmegen. Sometimes I give lessons in Amsterdam, sometimes also in other places connected to a workshop. If you want to stay informed, please contact me.
- WHAT ARE THE COSTS
- Private lessons cost € 50,00 in Nijmegen. A discount of 10% applies for the introductory lesson and for a package of five lessons. A sliding fee scale applies to those who truly can not afford the regular fee, but value the work. Schedule a lesson on the contact page or call me directly on +31 (0) 6 2020 2727. Group lessons and workshops are announced per activity and the costs depend on the studio. For individual sessions in Amsterdam or at other locations, different rates may apply due to studio costs. All the fees include 21% VAT.
- HOW TO SCHEDULE A LESSON
- Simply contact me on email@example.com or +31 (0) 6 2020 2727 to make an appointment and we’re working!
- WHAT DO I WEAR
- Comfortable everyday clothes are good. Avoid wearing a dress or skirt, since we work on the table for a part of the lesson. So, comfortable jeans or trousers are the best choice.
- INSURANCE COVERAGE
- Alexander Technique is not a therapy and therefore not covered by most Dutch insurance companies. It is, however, body oriented coaching and can be deducted as costs by self-employed professionals.
- HOW MANY LESSONS DO I NEED
After ten lessons you start noticing that the way you use your body changes structurally. This is, of course, very individual and, as in all learning processes, there’s lessons when you make a jump and lessons when you mainly confirm and establish what you already experienced before.
Especially in the beginning it is advised to take regular classes (for instance once a week), so as to make durable change possible. Usually it can be said that at about forty lessons, spread over a maximum of one year, the changes are permanent and you have integrated the technique well.